Friday, November 19, 2010

Things That Eat Great Danes

Evidently Great Danes are not as high up on the food chain as I once believed. Last week, while playing with her pals at the dog park and being just generally adorable and perfect, part of Ivy was turned into a light snack for an Akita. I don't have anything against Akitas as a breed in general, I just say this so that you, dear reader, can have a proper visual idea of what preyed upon my sweet girl. Ivy didn't make a sound when it happened, so when my friend Christine asked me how in the world Ivy had started bleeding spontaneously and I looked up and saw the Akita and his human running for the gate, I was befuddled. It was only after some friends told me that they had seen what had happened that I got a wee big angry at this display of degustationary gumption. Food chain, indeed.

5 comments:

  1. Poor Ivy! I'm mad at that Akita's human for allowing this bite-and-run. Bad form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bad dog! worse owner. poor ivy!--k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! The law of the jungle in the dog park. I hope she's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see Ivy is recovering and back at the dog park no worse for the bite.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no, poory ivy. have we ever met akita the ONE time we went to that park? seriously, a bite and run is bad news. grrrrr.

    ReplyDelete